Recently, a library patron sent me a link to Rabbis on Stamps, a collection of images from the Leiman Library, a private collection of Judaica. This is a great resource for topical collectors from a non-philatelic source.
The Leiman Library’s home page gives an introduction to the Rabbis on Stamps collection.
Library patrons who search the APRL Online Catalog for “Judaica” will now find this online resource listed, in addition to books and journal articles.
The APRL has several books mentioned in the Rabbis on Stamps introduction:
- Jewish chess masters on stamps / / Berkovich, Felix, 1932-. — Jefferson, NC ; London: McFarland & Co., Inc.,, c2000. (Book) HE6183 .C524 B513j 2000
- Judaica on postage stamps : an annotated checklist of stamps issued through December 31, 1972 / / Richter, John Henry, 1919-. — Ann Arbor, MI: Judaica Historical Philatelic Society,, 1974. (Book) HE6183 .J92 R535j
- The Jewish world in stamps / / Eisenberg, Ronald L. — Rockville, MD: Schreiber Publishing,, c2002. (Book) HE6183 .J92 E36j 2002
We also have some other Judaica books:
- A glimpse into Jewish history through philately / / Weitz, Emil. — New York: Israel Coin Distributors Corp.,, c1970. (Book) HE6183 .J92 W436g 1970
- Great Jews in stamps / Lindenbaum, Arieh. — New York: Sabra Books, c1970. (Book) HE6183 .J92 L744gr 1970
- Judaica in philatately : an annotated checklist / / Borodinsky, Isaac. — Beachwood, OH (25113 Duffield Rd., Beachwood, 44122): Educational Fund of the Society of Israel Philatelists,, c2001. (Book) HE6183 .J92 B736j 2001
- International Judaica philatelic handbook / Aber, Ita (ed.). — Riverdale, NY: S.A.R. Academy, 1973. (Book) HE6183 .J92 A143i
- Philatelic Judaica : a catalog of postage stamps relating to Jewish history, Jews, Judaism and the State of Israel, issued through December 1981 / / Richter, John Henry, 1919-. — Yonkers, N.Y.: Judaica Historical Philatelic Society,, 1983. (Book) HE6183 .J92 R535j 1983
Do you know of other good Judaica philatelic resources? Share with other PLR blog readers by leaving a comment on this post.